Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello Friday .......with a quick outfit post

Hello everyone, I hope you have all had a good week.

I wanted to show you the cute top I bought from St v de P the other day which I teamed up with a skirt refashion:

The top was on the "Retro and Party Gear" rack at the back of the shop, and I had seen it several times.  I think, although I can't be certain that there was a matching skirt.  Anyway, on the third or fourth viewing I decided to try it on, and when I did I realised that it had been taken in on both side seams and several new "darts" had been inserted (all by hand I might add).  It fitted - very snugly - but as there is a spectacular long zip down the back I had no trouble getting in and out.  So, it came home with me.  I removed the hand sewing and ta da!!! Teamed up with the textured trevira(?) skirt I refashioned and my pink shoes, I think it looks really cool.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Soooo great! Love, love the mix of colors, so fresh, you have good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fab! You're lucky to have sewing skills, it really helps when buying vintage. Love the pink shoes with the outfit. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this blouse, so pretty and summery!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!