Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Singer BRK 12-S








Today daughter and I picked up the sewing machine I just bought via TradeMe - a Singer BRK 12-S. We have just had two hours of fun cleaning it a bit and examining as much as we can armed with only one screw driver and a couple of old cloths and some sewing machine oil. It is without its knee bit and belt (as I have discovered by googling and looking at identical models from 1951.
So here is the info

EG 053109
Cat Not BRK 12-2
K 6023610
Simanco 336....

all very interesting so must now spend some time googling further information. Daughter is a little disappointed that it will not go straight away. I told her not to plug it in as the plug looks a bit dodgey, but when she's not looking I might try it myself......except for the fact that she will know!

2 comments:

  1. I think there is a place in South Dunedin that repairs sewing machines etc - might be worth the fee if it is up and running safely. Actually now I think about it we have a friend that used to be a sewing machine technician (I think) and may know a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I was at a junk sale today and saw a beautiful Singer, similar to yours. And I bought it! It's in working order luckily.

    I was just wondering if you got yours going and if you did would you be able to send me a picture of how you threaded it? I can probably figure it out but there are a few odd little loops pointing all over the place that aren't on modern machines...

    I would really appreciate it.

    Jordan,

    jwtaylor(dot)south(a)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback and comments from readers!